Saturday, October 05, 2024

Japan trip 2024 day 5 and 6: Okayama and back to Osaka

When I said I was going to Kochi, Yukimi said that the way to Kochi was really beautiful because you are going on the elevated tracks along the coast and jungle. It has hard to take shots because you have the metal beams blocking and I was sitting in an aisle seat going in.

Hard to show how good the scenery was on the way there.

The new 1000 and 5000 yen notes.

I left my bag at Okayama Station. Might as well take a long around Okayama before going back to Osaka.

Okayama Station.



I think this was from Bic Camera. First time I have seen so many Yamazaki 12s and the price is absolutely bonkers. I remember years ago Hotaru's mama got Yamazaki 12 for me from her supplier for about 12000 yen. Now it is more than double the cost price.

Kurayoshi 12 is reasonably priced.

Hakushu is even more expensive!

Sega jerseys at Don Quixote. I did not buy any because I was going TGS.

Happy to see a rashinban which sells second hand figures.

The Berserk ichiban kuji was going to start the next day and I was excited. Kuji means lottery and you buy tickets for say 900 yen and see try to get the main or A and B prizes. Unfortunately.... well, I will save it for a later post.

Randomly walking around and I saw food.

A hakata ramen shop in Okayama? The shop was Nikoichi and it was ok.

Smartphone holders..

Went to Omoto station.

To explore a book off but there was not anything much.

Got Genji for PS3. I remember finishing the PS2 version but no the PS3 one.


I don't remember anything about Okayama.

Went back to Osaka, checked in and went to Matsuya for double karubi set meal. Yum.

Went to Uzu. Kira recognised my Ulfuls shirt immediately.

Talked about the Ulfuls concerts and setlist.

She recommended me this Australian whiskey and gave me a sample.

And one more 3DS streetpass!

Next day caught up with Yukimi at this place called Cassiwa in Umeda.

She asked what I wanted to eat and I said yakitori!

Tsukimi something....

Speaking of tsukimi, every single eating place is doing a tsukimi special. Tsuki being moon and mi as in miru aka look. Kira and someone else was recommending the McDonald's tsukimi burger.

Yukimi had just quit her job and said this was the first time in her working life she had a month off!

Can you spot the chicken skin?


She's got two possible jobs lined up, excited to see which one she takes.

Took a side trip to Kobe. Best thing about Osaka is so many side trip places.

Did not find what I was looking for which was Breath of Fire 2 on the GBA but that Spiderman GBA is crazy expensive!

Initial D is one game I don't have but I want it for a cheaper price and it says there are scratches on the disk.


Went to Surugaya in Kobe.

Holy crap. That is cheap but it says there are defects and my guess is the screen in scratched to justify such a price drop because used Switch OLEDs go for 30000 yen. I should have checked it out regardless.

Got MGS The Twin Snakes for Surugaya! The game is a bit controversial but I really want to play this remake of the first MGS.


I decided I wanted to try some Kobe beef and I spend I think 5000 yen but it was so meh. The angus steak I cook is so much better. I was thinking I have to spend at least 10000 yen for something decent.

Kobe at night.

Kentucky tsukimi burger.

No comments: