Tuesday, August 04, 2020

Taiyou wa Ugokanai Episodes 1+2

Taiyou wa Ugokanai is an action dorama by WOWOW starring Fujiwara Tatsuya and Takeuchi Ryoma as two agents from a spy agency called ANN Tsushin who have bomb embeded in their chests that will explode if they do not log in every 24 hours.

So in the middle of episode 1, we see the bad guy drive a van into a construction area and we are told the bad guy will plant a bomb. Notice the back of van looks empty. There could possibly be stuff in the back but nothing too big.

Bad guy takes out two guards, ties them takes off jacket and presumably goes to plant bomb. All good so far.

FujiTatsu and partner arrive at site and somehow he has detected explosives! Does he have the ability to smell explosives from far away?

He has got some super bullshit explosive detection phone! Wow. My mind is boggled. Someone must have been high when they thought of this. This smells like another WOWOW show Mozu.

Then we see this mega huge bullshit bomb thing that was somehow at the back of the van. Maybe the bomb was already there in the first place because there is no way it was in the van and you are telling me he hoisted this thing up there by himself?

Whoever wrote this crap just wanted some stupid mission impossible wannabe scene without thinking.

I can smell Mozu all over this crap. For some reason, they cannot do a simple action show like Gaiji Keisatsu and have to anime everything with unreal situations, repetitive dialogue and stupidity.

I will say the same thing I said with Mozu 1 and 2. I want to like this show so much because they clearly put a lot of time and money into this but the Mandarin scenes are so stupid and fake and its just so Mozu.

Like Mozu, they've got a movie after this but I can't go on after episode 2. I'd rather watch Ishi no Mayu.

I need to cleanse my pallet and rewatch Gaiji Keisatsu and Gonzo. If you want something recent, I recommend Hanzai Shokogun.

I have to give Taiyou wa Ugokanai a do not watch. I acknowledge that there is an audience for show like this and Mozu but my taste for action is clearly not in synch with mainstream Japan that prefers a hightened sense of unreality.

No comments: